Thursday 2 July 2015

SG Food Review - TungLok Heen 同乐轩, Resorts World Sentosa

One of my recent favourite dining hangouts must be Tung Lok Heen. 

Located at Hotel Michael, Resorts World Sentosa, this is not the best place to come just for a meal, but the food gives me regular cravings, and I try to ignore the inconvenience and exorbitant parking fees (usually more than 10 bucks for about/less than 2hrs) just to satisfy those food cravings. Also, my American Express Platinum card's Palate Dining Privileges allows me to enjoy 50% off when I dine with one other person.

I have been coming back at least once every month, and I keep ordering similar dishes - those to-die-for dishes!


Though my doctor and cholesterol levels will not be pleased, I can never resist a plate of their Salted Egg Yolk Fried Fish Skin (S$12). Coated generously with golden goodness, and yet stays crisp till the final piece.

Verdict: 4.5/5


Homemade Tofu with Monkey Head Mushrooms and vegetables (S$24, I think)
Simple silky smooth goodness. 
By the way, Mum, I am eating my vegetables.

Verdict: 4.1/5


Three-Cup Chicken (S$28, I think)
Not impressively delicious, barely acceptable to eat with plain rice. 
Note to self: order other dishes next time

Verdict: 2.3/5


Grilled Lamb (per serving S$22)
Tender and perfectly cooked. Served with "carrot cake" taste-alike cubes which is an adorable touch for this seemingly boring western dish.
Verdict: 4/5


Overall verdict: 3.8/5

With the prevailing discounts I enjoy, I will definitely be back before Tung Lok or AMEX cancels the deal. However, if you want me to randomly just stop by for a meal, I might have to give it some consideration. 
Food decisions; never-ending struggles.



Resorts World Sentosa
Hotel Michael, Lobby Level 
26 Sentosa Gateway
#02-142/143
Singapore 098138 

Tel: +65 6884 7888

Opening Hours:
Daily
Lunch: 11.30am - 2.30pm (Last order 2.00pm)
Dinner: 6.30pm -10.30pm (Last order 10.00pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment