Thursday 2 July 2015

SG Food Review - (212 Hougang Street 21) Knuckles Bistro.Cafe


Isn't it wonderful to have more unique and creative food outlets opening in the neighborhoods of Singapore? 
Knuckles, though probably not that new and located not near to my estate impressed me tremendously with it's creativity, vibes, and most importantly it's utterly delicious food at super affordable prices. 

As per it's name, the German Pork Knuckle is a must-order dish. Seriously where do you think you can find a decent plate of crispy crackling skin on top of de-boned tender pork knuckle at S$10? Comes with sides of sauerkraut and mashed potato.


Verdict: 4.8/5


The Pork Schnitzel ($8) is another satisfying dish to order for the pork-lover in you. The perfectly deep-fried slice of pork chop is indeed amazing food for the soul. Served with cream sauce, french fries and side salad.

Verdict: 4.5/5


Another of my weird favourite must be the sotong balls. It comes from a frozen pack of processed sotong balls, I am fully aware, but who is complaining if it provides you with such genuine comfort that an otherwise healthy diet can't satisfy?
Come on, paying $3 for a basket of fried goodness is damn worth it. 
The diet can wait.
"May I have my usual order of 2 portions, please?"


Verdict: 5/5


During my first few visits, I never thought of ordering a pasta dish, especially if I am in a place called "Knuckles". But with every visit, I noticed that almost every table has a plate of this intense truffle aroma rushing towards my sense of smell. So one fine day, I succumbed to my carb cravings and ordered this Truffle Mushroom Pasta (S$8) on top of my pork-related main course (of course) and was I addicted to it. 

The pasta was al dente and the truffle cream sauce was creamy and yet light at the same time. I have to order this every time now.






















Verdict: 4.9/5


Overall verdict: 4.9/5

The affordable prices lowered my expectations, but the food exceeded way beyond. 
I have been returning for feasts and I can proudly say that Knuckles have never once failed to satisfy my many cravings.



Knuckles
Block 212 Hougang Street 21
#01-337
Tel: 62850549
Closed every first and third Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment